CORNHOLE TOURNAMENENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
THE BASIC RULES
1. Cornhole boards will be set 27 feet apart, from front edge to front edge.
2. There are 4 bags per set. 2 sets of different colored bags are required for each game.
3. The front of the board is the foul lin. Players my not step in front of the board as part of their throwing action.
4. In the event that the # of teams in a tournament does not divied equally to make a perfect bracket, some teams will be required to play 1 more game than other teams. This will be decided using a random draw for seeding with the appropriate # of teams being assigned to an extra game, beginning with the lowest 2 seeds.
* EACH TEAM WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THEIR OWN SCORE. IF THERE IS ANY DISAGREEMENT ON THE SCORE BETWEEN THE 2 TEAMS AT THE END OF THE MATCH, BOTH TEAMS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
1. Bag on Board = 1 point
2. Bag through Hole = 3 points
3. Bags that hit the ground prior to landing on the board or going into the hole do NOT count.
4. Any bag touching the ground and the board does NOT count.
5. Any bag that hits a bag that is touching the ground does NOT count.
6. Any bag hanging in the hole counts as 1 point.
7. Cancellation scoring is used at the end of each round. After all 8 bags have been thrown, the score is calculated based on the bags that remain on the board and have gone in the hole.
*Example: If Team A has 4 points and Team B has 3 points, Team A will get 1 point for the
8. A game is played to 21+. There is no win by 2 rule or bust rule for going over 21. There is also no "skunk" rule. No game will end until 1 team reaches 21+ points.
9. Any proposed changes to the scoring mathod for any game must be discussed prior to the game beginning and will only be implemented upon approval of the Tournament Director.
1. A coin toss will take place prior to each game. The winner of the toss or spin can decide if his/her team throws first OR can decide which side of the board to throw from (lane).
*If the winner chooses the throwing order, the opponent gets to choose which lane to throw from. If the winner chooses the lane to throw from, the opponent get to choose the trowing order.
2. Players will alternate throwing their 4 bags down to the board on the other end.
3. Throwing out of turn or in front of the foul line is a foul. The bag that was thrown when the foul occured does not count and is immediately removed from play.
4. Partners stand on the opposite end from each other and remain on the same end for the duration of the game.
*Opponents throw from opposite lanes and must stay in the same lane for the duration of the game.
* ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERS, PLEASE FIND A YOUNG IDEAS WORKER AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT*